Proto ATL Rules & Policies
(Last Updated 3/10/22)
Proto ATL is a simple concept to pitch to publishers, attend seminars, receive feedback and work with playtesters and fellow designers to improve your game designs. In order for us to have a great event, it’s important to put a few rules in writing so that we all feel respected, safe, and on the same page.
Virus Minimization Strategy
Proto ATL is teaming up with the Venue to put in place virus minimization strategies for the convention. As of 3/10/22, Fulton County in Atlanta has a CDC Covid-19 Community Level category “low.” Proto ATL will be a mask-optional event. You are encouraged to still bring a mask, as it may be required by other places of business if you venture outside of the event venue.
We will have the following measures in place to help minimize the spread of viruses at the convention:
- Provide many hand sanitizing stations throughout the event
- Vaccination and/or testing requirement. Proof of either must be shown to pick up your badge.
- Offering on-site 10-minute Covid-19 testing for a cost of $25/person.
COVID TEST DETAILS. Please show a negative Covid test result taken 72-hours or less before the convention. A professional PCR test is preferred, but an electronic photo of your home test (with date/time stamp available) will be sufficient. Our gaming community is comprised of honest and caring people. We are all relying on one another to be truthful for the sake of the safety of others.
In addition, for attendees that show proof of a positive Covid test between Jan. 13 and March 20, 2022, the CDC says that these individuals should have natural immunity 90-days from contraction date; therefore, we will not require a negative test from you at the convention.
MASKS. Masks are optional at the event.
STANDARD REFUND POLICY EXCEPTIONS DUE TO VIRUS MINIMIZATION. If you show a positive Covid test taken between March 28 and the convention, we will provide you with a refund for your badge (minus convenience fees paid). Thank you for doing your part to keep other gamers safe!
Harassment Policy We take violence and harassment of attendees at Proto ATL very seriously. We will not tolerate unacceptable behavior, which include but is not limited to:
- Offensive verbal comments including but not limited to: gender, race, religion, or disability
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Sustained disruption of events or disorderly conduct
- Inappropriate physical contact or unwelcome sexual attention
Engaging in any of these acts puts you at risk for immediate removal from the convention, and a permanent ban from Proto ATL in the future.
If you feel threatened at Proto ATL, or witness a situation that you think may be a problem, it is your responsibility to immediately report it to a Proto ATL staff member. You can go directly to the registration area for immediate assistance. We want to help you, so you need to make us aware of anything that happens that concerns you.
Convention Rules The goal of Proto ATL is to help you have a great time with as few restrictions as possible, but there are a few basic rules that must be followed:
- Your badge must be visibly worn at all times when in convention areas.
- We cannot offer refunds on badges to Proto ATL. We understand that sometimes plans change. If you email Andrew@ProtoATL.com before midnight on March 31, 2022 we can transfer your badge to someone else’s name. A financial exchange is your responsibility to transact, bearing in mind that Proto ATL does not allow attendees to sell badges for a profit.
- Flyers or promotional items must be reviewed and approved by Proto ATL before distributed. We’re pretty easy going and will likely approve almost everything, but we reserve the right to prohibit blatantly offensive material or similar, at our discretion. If we haven’t approved it in advance, our crew will likely remove the materials and you may be asked to leave.
- Proto ATL is a fun experience in a great hotel. We’ll have crew members around keeping an eye on things, but when it comes down to it your personal security and the safety of your property is your responsibility. Proto ATL and its staff are not responsible or liable for any loss of items or property or the physical safety of attendees, volunteers, vendors, or guests. However, we do maintain a “Lost and Found” area at the Registration Desk and will do our best to help reunite you with any lost property if at all possible.
- The police will be notified of anyone found stealing or harming another person.
- Throughout Proto ATL you will find yourself at some time or other in front of a camera. Proto ATL reserves the right to use the likeness of any volunteers, attendees, guests, or vendors in video or still images or audio recording for promotional purposes. By registering or volunteering for Proto ATL, you are consenting to our use of your likeness for such promotional purposes.
- Outside food and drink and alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the convention space. Regardless of what you eat/drink, please do so responsibly – clean up your trash.
- Finally, remember that Proto ATL reserves the right to revoke convention badges and have any person(s) removed from the convention/hotel should the need arise.
Additional Exhibitor/Vendor Policies
Any person or company who represents professionally at Proto ATL through sponsorship, exhibitor booth, artist, demo, or advertising table, must adhere to all of the policies above. In addition, the display of offensive material or disruptive sounds/music may be cause for removal from the convention.
And now for the really fine print...
All Proto ATL Attendees shall protect, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Proto ATL, Gold Seal Games, and Tabletop Enterprises, its affiliated corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, and employees from and against any and all costs and expenses, damages, claims, suits, actions, liabilities, losses, and judgments including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and legal expenses, based on, arising out of, or in any way related or connected with the Convention or any other matter or activity directly or indirectly related to the Convention, including but not limited to libel, slander, disparagement, defamation, copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, piracy, plagiarism, or infringement of any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any third party. This obligation shall continue beyond the length of the convention.